What a budget busting nightmare. We know the drill. You work hard to afford and justify a big purchase, walk in proudly to complete the deal and get hit in the gut with fees and taxes.
No one likes being sucker punched by hidden fees and taxes. We hate it! We’re about selling family fun and good memories with every vehicle we sell. What’s fun about the fees? We don’t want the fees to ruin the fun. Because earning your trust and business is our priority, we want to be honest and straight forward and let you in on the industry secret.
- Sales Tax & License Fee – The state of California requires that we collect their sales tax, based on the tax rate of the community where you live. They also require that we collect their $52.00 biennial “green-sticker” fee.
- Destination/Freight Fee – All dealers pay the same price for their respective vehicles, and the MSRP (manufacturer suggest retail price) is the same everywhere in the U.S. for the brands we sell. The destination/freight fee can vary from dealer to dealer and brand to brand, depending on the locations of the dealers and the warehouses. We work hard to get our vehicles delivered to you for the lowest price possible.
- Dealer Prep Fee – Sometimes a dealer needs to complete a vehicle’s assembly. We also perform all the necessary pre-delivery inspections and testing on each vehicle we sell. This price varies by vehicle and brand. We do everything we can to keep that cost to a minimum.
- Document Prep Fee – The state of California allows dealers to charge up to $80.00 for processing the DMV documents. Although we appreciate that allowance, it doesn’t cost us that much. We only charge $50.00 because that’s all we need.
- CA Tire Fee – The state of California requires that we collect $1.75 for each new tire we sell. These fees are forwarded to the state’s tire recycling program.
Now that the secret’s out, you see there is no hidden profit for us. Short of running for office and changing the tax law, we do what we can to limit the fun busting damage of fees and taxes.